Learning Objective 2:
Become familiar with questions that aid in deciding which findings or recommendations are key
Next discuss the following questions for consideration. Remember to reflect on your community context and the importance of maintaining community relationships.
Questions for stakeholders to consider:
- Which indicators did you get a green on (areas to celebrate)?
- What indicators did you get red on (area of concern)?
- What are pressing needs in your community?
- Which areas have work/momentum already occurring which you could build onto?
- What findings are related, can they be worked on together?
Another thing that came into play when we were deciding which recommendations [to include in the infographic] was—I guess like politics and kind of wanting to maintain relationships. And not everybody wants all of those things to be public or like right on the infographic. So, trying to respect that certain people might not want to be kind of called out.
So, we did discuss sharing the Community Nutrition Report Card publicly, and we decided that we would make the infographic public. So, we decided that we could share the infographic with the media, but not the report, because we just felt the report had a lot of very sensitive information in it. But the infographic was just a little bit more general with the overriding pieces that we’re doing well and then recommendations for things that we could do different.