Through POWER UP!, the APCCP co-hosted three consensus conferences. At these conferences, experts from across Canada had the opportunity to discuss and debate evidence around policy options for obesity prevention.
To learn more about each consensus conference, explore the resources below.
Consensus Conference on Healthy Food Procurement and Nutrition Standards in Public Facilities (September 2014)
- Healthy food procurement and nutrition standards in public facilities: evidence synthesis and consensus policy recommendations
- Consensus Conference Video
This video highlights lessons learned from POWER UP!’s Consensus Conference on Healthy Food Procurement in Canada.
National Priority-Setting Conference on Promotion of Physical Activity in Rural, Remote, Northern and Natural Settings in Canada: Summary Report (November 2015)
May 2016: Consensus Conference on Front-of-Package, Shelf and Menu Labelling
- Policy recommendations for front-of-package, shelf, and menu labelling in Canada: Moving towards consensus
Past Consensus Conferences
In 2011, the APCCP hosted a consensus conference on the environmental determinants of obesity, which resulted in the following peer-reviewed publications:
- Restricting marketing to children: Consensus on policy interventions to address obesity (Open Access)
- Building a Strategy for Obesity Prevention One Piece at a Time: The Case of Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Taxation
- Coming to Consensus on Policy to Create Supportive Built Environments and Community Design