Alberta’s 2017 Nutrition Report Card on Healthy Food Environments for Children and Youth is now available!
An annual assessment, the Report Card provides information on how Alberta’s food environments and nutrition policies support or create barriers to improving children’s eating behaviours and body weights.
This year, one thing is clear: Although Alberta is making progress on healthier food and nutrition environments for young people, there is much more to be done!
That’s where you come in.
As an individual or community, you can be part of collective action to make healthy choices easier for all Albertans. Check out tools and resources below to get started.
- Download the Nutrition Report Card (PDF)
- Download the Nutrition Report Card Summary (PDF)
- Download the Nutrition Report Card Infographic (PDF)
Take part in Coalition Advocacy:
- Advocate for a Levy on Sugar-Sweetened Beverages in Alberta
- Participate in FARE: Food Action in Recreation Settings
- Stop Unhealthy Food and Beverage Marketing to Kids
- Join the Call for a Universal School Food Strategy
- Support the Wellness Alberta Campaign
- Access the Policy Readiness Tool to build local capacity for policy change
- Explore the Model for Capacity Building to learn more about the process of community capacity building
Visit our resource hub for tools and resources on food and nutrition environments to support healthy eating.